Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January Already?

Wow, where does time go? Everyone says that. No one seems to have a good answer. It just keeps flying by at blistering speeds.

Onto my training goals for this year...

I've been pretty healthy this past year. Normal aches and pains along with an occasional cold or sickness. No nagging injuries at this time. That's always a plus. I want to keep it that way so I've held off on any power or strength cycles for a few months.

I turn the big 5-0 in about a week so I figured now is as good as time as any to get in good shape and try for an all-time best look. I actually started last February and gradually went from 217 to 201 right before Thanksgiving. After Christmastime, I'm only around 205 so that's not too bad as a second starting point.

I'm not looking to starve myself or do a get ripped quick plan and lose a lot of muscle. Just gonna keep watching the carbs and tighten up the eating on the weekends as well. Doing that should get me to around 185 by mid March.

With added cardio in late March and April, I should be closing in on a body weight of 175-180. I'm estimating my stage-ready weight to be 165-170 so I'll see how far I want to take it in April. Until then, it's time to take it one day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment