Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmastime and beyond

I love this time of year. Decorations. Lights. Carols. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Sweet things to eat. Time off to spend with the family.

On my days off this past week I was able to hit the gym several times -- and I didn't have to get out of bed at 4:15 am! I wasn't against the clock during my workouts either. I usually train at a fast pace, but it was nice knowing I didn't have to skip an exercise or two to make sure I got to work on time.

Saturday starts a new year and that's when everyone wants a fresh start. I'm no different. I want to get really ripped this year and the nice thing is that I got a headstart this year and then I took a short break to enjoy the holidays. Now it's time to jump right back into it at full tilt! Back to carb cycling and hitting cardio 5-7 days per week. My goal is to be ripped by the Flex Magazine Pro show on Feb. 19. And then stay that way for the Arnold Classic two weeks later in March.

I'll then move into "offseason" mode, but it will be a lean and clean offseason. I'm not going to bulk up, just add a few more carbs back into the diet to help muscle growth and size. No pigging out with massive meals this time. I want to keep my abs and striations intact while I grow this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment