Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dramatic Transformation Principle

So my collar bone/shoulder was feeling much better today after a few days rest. This morning was chest/delts/tris day at the gym. I decided not to push any heavy weight and thought it would be a good day to try some higher reps. My editor, Kris Gethin, ad Bodybuilding.com has come up with an intense workout plan called Dramatic Transformation Principle. It involves a lot of sets with high reps and only one exercise per bodypart. (You can read more about it here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dtp-changing-bodies-and-lives.htm)

I selected flat bench flyes for my chest, side laterals for my delts and rope pushdowns for my triceps. I did all the recommended reps for the flyes but I cut back on the sets for the side laterals and rope pushdowns. The burn got a little intense and I didn't want to kill my shoulder joint again either. Overall it was a great workout and I fit in my first 15-min. cardio session on the StepMill in months. I'm going to try and fit in some more cardio immediately after my workouts and after dinner in the evenings. I might fit a few a sessions in during lunch also.

Although I've dropped about 20 pounds in the last few months by reducing my carbohydrate intake, I'll need to add some cardio now to achieve the ripped look again. I'm fairly lean now and my abs are coming in, but I want to see some striations popping out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment